This ‘n’ that:
I talked to my son Bob on the phone last week after he emailed to say that Kelly had suffered a stroke. Kelly had been splitting firewood when it occurred. He was immediately taken to the hospital where a CT scan revealed the presence of a blood clot in his brain. He was released from the hospital a couple of days later. He currently has difficulty naming some things, has a lop-sided smile, and will need therapy. But he is expected to fully recover.
I also talked at length to my daughter Anne on the phone on Sunday. It’s nice to get caught up on the news. She said that Linda’s boy, Zach, seems to be improving. (See Blog posted, Sept. 11, 2008.)
I read the novel, Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner, last Thursday and Friday. This book is the current selection of our Relief Society Book Club. I knew that I had read the book previously, but could not remember much about it. So, it was good to reread it. The Book Club’s selection last month was To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee. I first read that book when it was originally published back in the 1960s. I was glad to reread it, too, because there was a lot more to it than I had remembered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I liked "To Kill a Mockingbird" too. I'll have to check out the other one. I've never heard of it.
Post a Comment